Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sadie's 9th Birthday!

My Sadie is now 9 and the cutest 9 year old at that! For her birthday breakfast she wanted pancakes shaped like Minnie Mouse, as you can see Minnie likes the big hair bows just like Sadie!


I just love this little girl and how excited she is over getting new clothes and really enjoys having a special day!

Then as soon as I dropped the girls off at school we headed home to work on Sadie's "big" present! I had been working on sewing new bedding for her room for a couple weeks, I only had the 2 1/2 hours a day when Mr Tate was at school because he isn't that good at keeping secrets. But I was able to get it all sewed and then Kevin took the day off and we started painting her room and I re-did some furniture so we could do a room makeover!!!! We took some before pictures:


And here are the after pictures:




So when I picked the kids up from school I told them all to go clean their rooms and Kevin was waiting in Sadie's room so we could get her reaction! It is a little blurry but her reaction was priceless!!!!!



Then of course we had a birthday dinner with friends and family that could make it! Sadie is a big fan of ribs so Kevin smoked some really good ribs for us :) Emily gave Sadie some delicious cupcakes for her birthday too!!!!



We love you Sadie! :)

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I thought maybe you had given up on blogging, but I am glad to see a new post. I am impressed, I had no idea you could sew and everything turned out so cute. I love the mix of fun colors. I am really glad to see that you are doing well and the kids are getting so old. Scary. Where did the time go?