Saturday, September 6, 2008

Good Bye US Airways!

So I have been working for US Airways for almost
2 years and I just got layed off this week:( Dang gas
prices going up! I have really enjoyed this job. It
has been a good work out and fun to be able to fly
for free. My sister Megan is a flight attendant for
US Airways so we would get to hang out at work
sometimes. I am really going to miss this job, now
I just need to find a new job that won't make me
have to pay for daycare.

So I worked on the Ramp which meant that I got
to bring the plane into the gate and then we would
download the bags off the plane and then load any
mail/cargo and bags back on the next flight. Notice
the great fashion with the orange vest. I should have
gotten a picture of me with my knee pads, gloves,
ear plugs and vest on. Now that was a sight!!!

This picture is a little dark but I am in the bin of
the plane waiting for bags to be sent up to me.

And finally this is me sitting on the push tug talking
to the captain getting ready to push the plane back
from the gate. I have worked on RJ's, Dash 8's, 737's,
757's, 319's and 320's. This picture is of me pushing
a 737. This was my favorite part of my job!

9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You should try to get a job with Jet Blue. My sister-in-law works from home about 24 hours on the phone and internet scheduling flights and other C.S. stuff. She gets great insurance and is able to fly free and everything. She told me she's never had any trouble getting on flights stand by. You may want to check them out!

Meli said...

Love the pic of you pushing the plane out talking with the pilots--not that you can really understand them!! lol

Mel & Annette said...

Sorry about your job. That's too bad. Looks like it was a lot of fun. Hope you guys are doing well. Keep smilin'

QnA Drapers said...

ena- you are looking too dang cute! I can't believe how big your kids are! Hope things are going well with you!

randi said...

Were you layed off or furlowed? Can you still fly? If so we should have a little scrapbooking weekend! I could use some of your creativity!

Melanie S. said...

I am so happy to find myself on your "blog friends", but I didn;t even know you had a blog! It is so good to see your beautiful tan face again!

tavia said...

Sorry about the loss of your job you look so sexy in the glowing vest.:)

Jamie Gardner said...

I bet you could get a job with PMI! Ha! Ha! You look great even in your orange vest. I am so excited you have a blog!

Lindsey said...

I didn't realize you had a blog-I totally found it by accident-I can't even remember how I got here, but so glad I did now I can stalk you!!

clbarlowfamily.blogspot.com